Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm bored. Thrill me!

What a totally, boring, non-eventful, absolutely nothing going on kinda day. AND,it was the kind of Fall day I don't like to boot, all rainy and cold and dreary. I had some trouble staying focused on my job and found myself off in space many times. One positive thing, Emmie went to daycare so it was a Doodlebop-less day which was nice! For those that aren't familiar with Playhouse Disney and the Doodlebops
this should say it all. SIDENOTE: Some girls think the dude with the orange hair is HOT! That fact gives me comfort. If a bunch of girls/women/teens can drool all over a guy with orange hair, there is hope for me. They are slightly less annoying than Barney. And, no one thought BARNEY was hot so that's another in the Doodles favor. Orange dude beats purple dinosaur hands down! Now we could say something about the purple teletubbie but I will not go in that direction. OK! I'm being silly..silly and bored.

I had a huge taste for baked chicken so I grabbed some drumsticks out of the fridge. I love chicken! It's a busy moms dream. There isn't anything you can do to it that will ruin it. Today, I basted it with butter seasoned with sage, poultry seasoning , salt, pepper and some Turkey seasoning I bought from Williams and Sonoma and baked it in a pan with some white wine, water and onions for about 45 minutes. It was REALLY good for a throw together meal that took me all of 15 minutes to prepare. I like to dabble a bit sometimes with dinner and find I really like to cook when I have the time but most days, it's whatever is in the freezer with whatever is on hand, mixed up, baked or broiled and that's what we call dinner. I have gotten some really good ideas on Epicurious They are a great source of recipes including the best ideas from Gourmet, Bon Appetite and from readers themselves. Always read the reviews as there are some great ideas from other cooks to make the dishes even better. I usually cook Christmas Eve dinner and I do enjoy planning it, reviewing recipes, shopping and cooking it.

I will leave you with a joke sent by my friend in GA. It cracked me up! I apologize if you've seen before.

Daily Wisdom:
WICOE

(Women In Charge Of Everything)


is proud to announce the opening of its


EVENING CLASSES FOR MEN!



ALL ARE WELCOME



OPEN TO MEN ONLY



Note: due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each
course
will accept a maximum of eight participants

The course covers two days, and topics covered in this course
include:


DAY ONE

HOW TO FILL ICE CUBE TRAYS
Step by step guide with slide presentation

TOILET ROLLS- DO THEY GROW ON THE HOLDERS?
Roundtable discussion

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LAUNDRY BASKET & FLOOR
Practicing with hamper (Pictures and graphics)

DISHES & SILVERWARE; DO THEY LEVITATE/FLY TO KITCHEN SINK OR
DISHWASHER BY THEMSELVES?
Debate among a panel of experts.

REMOTE CONTROL
Losing the remote control - Help line and support groups

LEARNING HOW TO FIND THINGS
Starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the

house upside down while screaming - Open forum


DAY TWO

EMPTY MILK CARTONS; DO THEY BELONG IN THE FRIDGE OR THE BIN?
Group discussion and role play

HEALTH WATCH; BRINGING HER FLOWERS IS NOT HARMFUL TO YOUR
HEALTH
PowerPoint presentation

REAL MEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN LOST
Real life testimonial from the one man who did

IS IT GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT QUIETLY AS SHE PARALLEL
PARKS?
Driving simulation

LIVING WITH ADULTS; BASIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND
YOUR
PARTNER
Online class and role playing

HOW TO BE THE IDEAL SHOPPING COMPANION
Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques

REMEMBERING IMPORTANT DATES & CALLING WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO BE
LATE
Bring your calendar or PDA to class

GETTING OVER IT; LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH BEING WRONG ALL THE
TIME
Individual counselors available

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sh'blah!