Monday, November 28, 2005

I am really tired

Tired! Tired! Tired!.. After 4 days off, back to work UGH! It was really the same stuff. At the moment, I am not feeling inspired but I do have some stories. My kids are such and endless source of entertainment in such an annoying way. Tonight, we were watching the local Public station. I am a huge fan of Broadway musicals and WTTW, our local PBS, was doing clips from the many years of the Tony awards. I made the mistake of a) sitting and b) enjoying myself. About five minutes later, the sounds of Cassie and Kristopher fighting downstairs, the the usual plod up the stairs from Cassie and she was crying about something. I only heard "blah blah blah Kris. Something something not fair." And a few minutes later,up the stairs came Mister innocent with a completely different accounting. Of course I wasn't in the room and didn't see who started what or who kicked who or who was annoying first. I was just annoyed that I can't watch anything, read anything, work on anything without the sounds of two kids fighting in the background. It's like the soundtrack of my life. WAR! GOOD GOD YA ALL! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?..ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! SAY IT AGAIN! So, me being the great mom that I am, went to the bathroom and closed the door and there I stayed. Everytime a kid said something, I turned the water on. I figured they would get bored and go away eventually. BUT CASSIE TRICKED ME!!! I opened the door after 10 minutes or so in an attempt to sneak back to my comfy chair, and the minute she heard the door open, SHE POUNCED! ARGH! That was my evening! So now, I am sitting here just enjoying the fact that the kids are in bed. Yes, I know I should go there myself but these moments to myself are so few and far between that is seems like such a waste not to take advantage of it.

Nite all!

1 comment:

sandee said...

SWEET DREAMS Kathy