Friday, November 25, 2005

The day after



I have to share this because it's so darn funny! Today at lunch, as we were eating our leftover turkey (Of course), the kitchen was cleaned up and we were relaxing. I had Kristopher take the garbage to the garage. When he got back, he saw us eating something and started griping he was still hungry. The kid is ALWAYS hungry.. You know he ate pretty much all day yesterday from dusk till dawn but I digress. I said if you really want something, go have one of those tangerines. Kris is a menace with the rinds though. They never hit the garbage and I've been sweeping them up all over the house so I was giving him a little static about being messy with the things and this time to make sure that ALL the rinds hit the garbage can and if he threw them in the garbage without a bag I'd be angry. I meant a GARBAGE bag because he had just taken the garbage to the garage and of course did not put in a new bag. The picture says it all.
On another note:
I hope everyone had a really nice Thanksgiving. The buzzword of ours was LAZY and we were! It was soooo nice. After Halloween, we were all trying to figure out if we were going to do a potluck or go out. What we decided on was to do neither. We did Thanksgiving ala Boston Market and it was DEFINITELY the best choice. 5 minutes it took me to order the whole thing..Turkey, stuffing, taters and gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls and pie. The cost was about what I would spend if I bought all the ingredients at the store and the time it took to prepare everything equaled the time it took me to go there and pick it up and warm it up. We didn't miss out on a thing and have plenty of leftovers. Clean up time equaled the time it took to throw all the Chinet plates in the garbage. But they were special holiday Chinet plates. Today..well I murphy oil soaped the wood furniture and cabinets, vacuumed up crushed pretzels in the carpet and straightened up the kitchen. A lot of people have a holiday tradition to go shopping today. My holiday tradition is to avoid the store at all costs from now until January. I think it's a good tradition! No circling the parking lot for an hour looking for a spot in BFI, no crowds, no screaming kids, no Salvation Army Santas, no people pushing me out of the way for the $20 dollar DVD player, no one stepping on my feet, no lines, no stroller traffic no getting up at 5am and waiting in a line outside the size of the Great Wall of China. NO THANK YOU! I have discovered the joy of online shopping and that is what I'll stick to. Yeah! Yeah!..I know the best sales at the store blah blah blah. What I save in stress and annoyance is something you just can't put a price on, not even for a $10 sweater at Old Navy. Click Click Click and send! VOILA...Christmas delivered UPS man, my brown shirted Santa Claus! Have a great "Black Friday!" I'm sitting at home in my jammies NYAH NYAH

1 comment:

sandee said...

ahhh....i didnt shop black friday either....i worked....the only screaming i heard came from an adult girl i work with that always screams no matter what time a year it is....but she's cool

talk soon
sandee