Sunday, November 13, 2005

Coming up with new titles is getting difficult.

Here it is another Sunday. I'm taking a little break as I did about 5 loads of wash, cleaned the kitchen floor and spot cleaned the carpet to remove the new puke stains from one very active little toddler girl. It seemed like a good idea today as she is off with her grandparents visiting her other side of the family. All in all, it's been a very unexciting week and very uneventful. A few have asked what is going on with the court case. For those that don't know me or are unsure of the background, you can read the story here. I was served with court papers back in June, ME, can you believe that? B. possibly thought this was a way to really screw me. I don't know. Possibly perhaps he doesn't know either but at the time that he served the papers (which had Em's birthday and address WRONG by the way) it must have SEEMED like a good idea. However, we are all just laughing at his superior intellect. One of my friends asks me every time, "What does he want again?" To which I reply, "No one really knows." Other than a few status hearings, there wasn't much movement until just recently.
My attorney called the day before our last status hearing to let me know that there was a change in the location. Previously, the attorneys were going downtown which is 30 miles from here which is very strange considering there is a local circuit court not more than 5 miles from here. He also asked me if B. was indeed the father of my youngest. HUH? I said, Yes! I never denied that. My attorney said..OK just checking because B. had told his attorney that I was going to deny it in court. I honestly have no idea where this guy comes up with this stuff as in my response to his initial petition, I didn't deny anything. He asked me how long it's been since he's seen the child which was last August 04. He asked me if B. called and asked for visititation since the last time he's seen her. Well, no not really. He's called to tell me he was taking me to court like 3 times and ONE time he wanted to know if he and his parents could take her to see his grandmother and I did send her. My attorney told me that the judge was getting impatient with the slow movement of the case and I should, in a token of good faith, get things moving along a little. We were going to ask for temporary support which would remain in effect until the conclusion of the case and I, to be fair, should offer him visitation, supervised in his parents home for a few hours each week. GAK!! I reluctantly agreed. I may as well get used to it AND make it work in my favor somehow. You know what they say about lemons and lemonade. As of yet, I have not heard anything on this offer of mine. I received an email from B's mom asking for a copy of the birth certificate so that he can give it to his insurance company. I replied well, he's not on the Birth certificate as he didn't bother to show up for the birth or to the hospital which may mean the insurance co won't accept it. And if he wants anything from me, he can ask me himself. What a pussy! I'm all of 5'4. He's 6'4 and has 100 lbs on me. What am I going to do to him? Kick him in the shins to death? Bite his kneecaps? But, he did write me and I did answer him and I haven't heard anything about it since. We do have to go to a notary and do this together. Yay!
My attorney wrote up a proposed settlement which I am reviewing and making corrections. I will call the lawyer tomorrow and figure out a time to go in and modify the proposal and we will take it from there. That is the end of the update. In other news, my kids broke my vacuum cleaner. A word from the wise: DO NOT VACUUM WATER unless the vac is a wet/dry of course. Engine POOF! So, on the shopping list is now:
1 vacuum cleaner broken by who knows..Kris and Cass both deny it.
1 dryer which is still not drying correctly even after de-linting it.
1 washing machine - you all know the story.
1 charcoal grill broken by son who ran his bike into it
1 garage door which is trashed due to the same reason as above
1 gas grill which has been home to a bunch of hornets for 2 years now.
We are the entropy family! For those not familiar with the concept of entropy, it's the theory in Chemistry that matter tends to revert back to its most disorganized state. In other words, things fall apart and they are ALWAYS falling apart around here with a little help from my kids, the most destructive forces known to man! Beware hurricane Katrina! I introduce to you Hurricanes Kristopher, Cassandra and Emily. Please notify the Red Cross. A little assistance is needed here!

Take care everyone and here are words of wisdom for today. I had this on my desk at work for many years.

Accept Change with a Smile

Sooner or later a crisis will enter your life, and how you meet it determines your future happiness and success. Since the beginning of time, everyone has been called upon to meet such a crisis.

A closer look will show you that most "crisis situations" are opportunities to either advance or stay where you are. Indeed most changes in your life will take place out of either "inspiration" or "desperation."

Whatever comes your way, give it meaning and transform it into something of value. Your personal growth is the process of responding positively to change.

A precious stone cannot be polished without friction, nor humanity perfected without trials.

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath -

I just read your blog and it made me laugh so hard with the entropy theory! That is so my life! My boss killed himself at the end of August so I am basically back to being psychotic. Gimme a call sometime!