Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Cassie's latest tantrum!

The vet called today to remind me that I have yet to pick up my cat, CC's ashes. It's not that I didn't love my cat or don't miss the little guy. It's that my kitty has gone to kitty heaven and I've been comfortable with just the memories of what a little pain in the butt he was. Of course, after the vet called, there was some discussion as to where we were going to put the ashes. Kris wanted them in the LIVING ROOM! Argh..no. No ashes. That is just a disaster waiting to happen around here. I told him we would figure it out when we picked them up and they would probably be in his room somewhere. The ashes DO come in a decorative tin after all. Well, that caused Cassie's little head to spin around 360 degrees. "MOM! I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING OF CC's..IT'S NOT FAIR. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" She then went to Kris's room and snagged CC's collar that Kris keeps on his desk. I told her to put it back. She stomped. She screamed. She cried. SHE WENT TO HER ROOM! Glory be for a little peace and quiet for all of about 5 minutes! I should add CC was more Kristophers buddy. For some reason, the little black buddy bonded with the boy more so than Cass or me and it was Kris who took CC's illness and death the hardest. It only seemed logical to me that he keep the cats ashes. But to Cassie, things were just UNFAIR. Kris has the collar! SHE should have the ashes. I am thinking of grinding up some prozac into the childs juice box. Anyhoo... Kristopher presented me with the following note from Cassie. I hope it amuses you as much as it amused me.

It was folded about 15 times and the outside fold said

"To my family. Give it to mom afterwards."

The body of the note said this:
Dear Everyone,
I miss CC.and the fact that I don't have anything of him is rude. In fact whose bed did he sleep on first. Who was his first buddy and whose ears did he kiss first. That's right! ME! I miss him. Each of you write back!
PS I should have signed up for rainbows.
Love,
Cassie

OK.. what is it with the note thing? For an hour or so, she asked if I was going to write her back. "No!" I said. "You're sitting right there. Why should I write you a note?"

At this point, Emily is so much easier! I am going to enjoy it everyday because one day, she'll go psycho on me too as all little girls do. It's easy to determine what she wants. She wants juice or a cookie. She wants to take a nap or sit on my lap. Cassie, OY! Try explaining anything to this child and she doesn't even know what she wants half the time. EVERYTHING is an issue and she has this tit for tat, eye for an eye sense of justice. TO her, fair is 50/50. The big picture gets lost. If Kris has the collar, she should have the ashes...period! If Kris has two pieces of chicken at dinner and she only has one, then she feels she is entitled to the leftovers. It's only fair right? Even though she eats like a bird and Kris is 12 and would eat the plate the food is served on if he could. Her black and white thinking scares me. There are no shades of gray and that will get her into trouble as she experiences more of life.

Peace and all that...!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

How bout a kick in the butt...

Anonymous said...

How about having her make a collage of CC's picture's and putting it in a frame. Or you can get one of those frames that has all those spaces for a bunch of pictures and have her arrange just pictures of CC and hang it in her room. Just a thought... Would that appease her?

Kathy said...

Hi Nona,
She has pictures of CC. She was just being a pain in the ass. My reaction was more about how she handles these situations which in my view is unacceptable behavior. She reacts to EVERYTHING as if it's the end of the world and I am trying to figure out how to stop the drama before it blows up in her face. Remember, the world tried to appease Hitler and we all know how that turned out :) I think some boundaries for her are the way to go. I just needed to vent at the ridiculousness of the entire situation! Aren't kids FUN?

sandee said...

hey....well if she has pics of CC the cat....well then i think that should be good....and yes kids are great....NOT ! !

i think the prozac in the juice box is a good thing....yeah...chill her little ass right out....aahhhhhh

sandee