Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Another round

*Sigh* with the lice. I really hate them and once again, Cass has brought them home with her. The only difference is this time, she's the only one who has them though, I did have to treat everyones hair again last night. I honestly do not know what to do. I suspect that she is getting them from her very good friend and I hate to put my foot down and tell her she can't go over there anymore but on the other hand, all the lice treatments are so expensive. Shampoo, spray, combs, nit removal gel costs me $30 a pop to treat all of us. I don't want to embarrass this family either. They've been pretty good to Cass. Suggestions? Should I write Dear Abby? More laundry is going to the laundromat today, more vacumming will be done, and once again, the pillows are bagged for a few weeks. Well that's that and it has to be done. I just don't know how to stop her from bringing these critters home with her. Then of course, to add REAL insult to injury, Emmie pooped in her tub last night while I was given her a bath.

Halloween night went well. The kids brought back about 45lbs of candy. They were on a mission! Ironically, the dentist that lives in this area has a reputation of giving out the best candy. A little incentive for his business perhaps??? Things that make you go HMMMMMM? I made my usual two pots of chili, had plenty of cold beer and had Emily provide her usual entertainment. She was dressed as a little devil this year and she played her part so beautifully by having two HUGE hissy fits before we hit the neighborhood. I took her to a few houses but grandma and grandpa took her for the majority. She wanted to walk by herself and apparantly, after a few houses, she caught on that when you knock on a door, SOMEONE GIVES YOU CANDY!!! So, she knocked on every door herself. As soon as we upload pics, I'll post some.

In other news, there is no other news. I'm off work today and about to get my butt off this chair and do something useful. I have to take Kris downtown later and I'm finally buying that new dishwasher YAY! My two dishwashers (Kris and Cass) do a really bad job so, I'm trashing them for a new model.

1 comment:

sandee said...

lice again Kathy..you poor dear...im sorry....but i think this family that cass goes to...well she shouldnt go there for awhile...specially if she keeps bringing home the critters...

glad you had the cold beer..sounds like you needed it...emmie is so cute tho...minus the pooping in the tub...yuck....

and YAY for the diswasher...im sure the two did thier best...but at least you can sack them now...let the empty and refilling begin...yay

go to meijers with JOE buy them $1.00 pizzas and the gun...whoo hoo

take care...
sandee