Saturday, November 19, 2005

I am SO not sure this is a good idea

I bought Emily a toy piano today for Christmas. I keep thinking that decision will blow up in my face but the musical toys have been a HUGE hit with the little girl. Silently, I am absolutely LOVING the fact that my child likes music. Actually, all my children like music. Kristopher is quite a decent young trumpet player. Cass is very impressive on her clarinet for the short time she's been playing. Emily carries around a toy called "Mozart Magic Cube" and played with it so much, it only works sometimes. From a young age, I've tried to introduce the kids to different music knowing full well that eventually they'll fall into the Brittney Christina Carey pop music trap and all that manufactured, overly marketed, digitized music with stars with less than an ounce of talent because that is what is cool! It is happening with Cassie who is all about some boring group called "Simple Plan" YAWN! BUT, when her friends aren't around, I catch her listening to Broadway music, Norah Jones kind of Jazz, and Classic Rock. This is proof, I have done my job! I will continue on introducing them to as many different forms of music as I can but please...NO COUNTRY MUSIC!! El Yucko! They know Johnny Cash and that's all they need to know of the genre.
SOOO to make a short story long, a little 30 key Spinet piano will be arriving to introduce my youngest to the world of musicianship. You can see the piano here.

There really is no other news. I plan on spending my Saturday night cleaning out the fridge. Whoopeeeee!!! I'm just waiting for my youngest little terror to go to bed as absolutely NOTHING gets done when she's awake.

PS The purple crayon marks came off the TV screen fairly easily, thank goodness!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Could it be any worse than letting Kristopher learn the trumpet?

Anonymous said...

How about some mideastern music instead of country?

sandee said...

how come i feel im hearing the recorder again????? i remember when the recorder was in the house...do you remember that ??? i do

yikes look out world...emmie's got a piano....oh no

sandee