Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Can you say STRESSSSSSS?

Hello reader.. I know there's one of you out there.. AH YES! I see you in the back. "Helloooooo" *waves*
So, here it is, the week before Thanksgiving. Please remind me, and I know you will, to take this week OFF next year! As I am the official departmental backup, I am backing up not 1...not 2...but 3 people tomorrow. Today, I received over 100 emails that all started out the same... "I know that so and so is out and since your his/her backup, can you resolve this in an hour?" I had one hour of power training on Thursday to learn to do some reports but today, I had to find equipment I never heard of from vendors I didn't know existed.

I sat down to do these reports Friday and SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! it didn't work for me and there was no one to ask. SOOO, my day was spent fighting with the reports and databases and they just didn't get done. I still don't know why 3 of them won't run for me. I did figure out why one of them wouldn't. You want to know why? BECAUSE I HAD A STUPID DASH IN THE WRONG &%#*) PLACE!!! AN ALL DAY DEBACLE OVER A &%)* DASH!!!! That report did go out this morning though and I am DAMN proud of myself. To top it off, Emily was a really big pain in the patutie. Has anyone tried to fight with Microsoft Access and a 19 month old at the same time? I wouldn't recommend it. When Emily doesn't like a food, the plate or bowl goes flying. My kitchen has been christened with a bowl of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, a hot dog and a plate full of chicken and mashed potatoes and I am almost the ex mother of a 19 month old girl. I put ME in time out three times today. Now if only someone would just send me to my room....

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I forgot to mention, the little piano shipped today! Who do you think will have more fun with it? Me or Emily!

Anonymous said...

Hey its Diane...I love reading your daily adventures!!! You know the piano will last about a week before it is thrown (maybe by you, when you trip over it in the middle of the night), or filled with food/drink and the keys stick together!!!

Kathy said...

HA HA..Diane..I think you're right!