Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today

I stepped out of civilian mode for 15 minutes and walked in cancer patient shoes. It was time for ...ba ba ba BUM..the next $(*#@&)* CT scan. I don't think I need to say once more how much I HATE HATE HATE those scans. My morning coffee was interrupted and delayed as I sucked down two glorious bottles of Mixed Berry Barium Sulfate and shuffled out to the clinic. I hate the whole process from the order, to the barium, to the needles in the arm, the anxiety as I wait for results and those little gowns that never cover my butt. My son missed the bus so that was a little monkey wrench in the smooth transition. I drank my barium in the car on the way. My advice is, don't get cancer. It is really irritating.

The weekend was hectic. Fun in some respects and exhausting in another. Emily's so called father cancelled his visit on Friday. I decided to take Emily to see "Monsters vs Aliens." She was so excited about going that every 5 minutes she asked if it was 6pm yet. Being that Emily has problems with sitting for long periods, I was a little concerned that she would not be able to handle this and was prepared to have to eat the 10 dollars. Kris came along with me almost under protest but came along for the popcorn and soda. Emily did pretty well. She did, at one point, stand on the seat and start looking around and she complained that it was way too loud. My two second review: Parents, wait for the DVD if you must see it. Skip it if not.

Saturday was the annual 20-30-40's Glass show in Northlake. I attend 3 or 4 shows a year and engage in my favorite hobby. I collect glassware manufactured during the Depression Era and could probably pay off a significant portion of my mortgage if I sold what is in my glass cabinet. But to me, it's priceless stuff. As I have several patterns I look for, I usually have selective vision when it comes to shows. This year, I settled on 4 Heisey Alexandrite Bread and Butter plates and one Heisey Orchid dinner plate. My long time friend and I both collect and we make weekends of this hobby. Afterwards, we swung by the house and picked up Kris and Cass and went to 5pm Mass. There was a ministry fair after Mass that I wanted to stop by and see about RCIA for the kids. THe Youth Minister stated that all they would need was the Confirmation program that starts in the Fall through their Lifeteen Ministry. To me, it sounded fun. Kris was having cows and kittens about having to give up two Sunday Nights a month. Cassie was interested in the Soup kitchen trips. Besides the volunteering at the Soup kitchens, when the kids are Seniors, they are encouraged to go to Appalachia and help build a house. I am looking into sending Kris in a couple years to this. He, of course, has an attitude about it but I think he will have a great time and will thank me for sending him :) At least, that is my hope.

And finally, big box mart on Sunday was not fun. I was exhausted from the nights before and it was slow. I realized in the morning that my work pants were never washed. I threw them into the washing machine and prayed they'd be ready by the time I had to leave. They were still damp. So, out the door into freezing snowy weather I went with wet pants. I was ten minutes late, had 3 price checks and one customer yelled at me about the price on a mop and her insistence, though we checked the UPC, that it was less than what the register said it was. To make matters worse, I noticed my cell phone was missing. I used it to call the family on my break at 3:45pm. By the time I got home 90 minutes later and checked the call log, the person who has it made three phone calls to Mexico. Great!! At the moment, the cell phone is suspended.

That's the update. I get my results next Wednesday. Please pray!

7 comments:

Nonalee said...

I'm already praying for good results! Hugs!

"Just" Joe said...

You're going to make your kids Catholic, eh?

Kris said...

It's about time

Kathy said...

Yep. Spoke to the Youth Minister this morning. I need to have the application to the church by the end of the month. Soup kitchen trip is April 14. Cassie is all signed up. Kris's excuse, none of his friends like church so he doesn't either. Teenagers!!!

Kris said...

he shouldn't have a say in the matter until he turns 18. Then he can choose

SG said...

ugh, i can't believe you have to wait so long for results. i hope they are good. you are in my thoughts.

Elsa D. said...

Thinking of you, do you have the results? I have my fingers crossed.