Saturday, March 07, 2009

Not much going on in the world here. I made my special beet juice concoction yesterday by juicing 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1/2 lemon, 1 apple, some dandy-lion leaves, and a slice of fresh ginger. Ya know? It really wasn't too terrible except that I put too much ginger and it had a little more spice than I wanted. It made my stomach tingle a bit. My main purpose for doing that was to act as a liver cleanse. Beets have lots of cancer fighting chemicals and even though I'm not crazy about them, I sucked down the juice and felt like I accomplished something yesterday. I was tired after my bowling league and then stayed up way too late ditzing around the computer until the wee hours.

Part of Cassie's homework this weekend is 'Baby think it over.' It's a computerized baby that cries and fusses and she needs to figure out how to make the doll happy. And, she said with a smile, it has a weiner! Whereas it's a nice idea, I don't think it quite captures the essence of child rearing and I think these dolls need a few more advanced models so one can experience the full spectrum of raising children.
We need a 'toddler think it over' that says NO! every time it's spoken to. It should be a mobile doll that writes on walls, spills food, empties drawers, gets hand prints on the TV, throws food, and plays with what's in its diaper. Then we need to follow that up with pre-teen think it over that spends all its time online or on the phone, ignores its parents, and learns the fine art of sass. Follow that up with Teen think it over that knows everything, gets F's in gym, sneaks money out of the wallet, crashes the car and asserts that everything is the teachers fault because the teacher hates them. All models should have absolutely no idea about responsibility and accountability! That should do it. If the toddler think it over doesn't thwart pregnancy, the teen think it over definitely will!
Today was Kris's big IHSA solo contest which is a big music contest. Kris has been practicing a trumpet solo and also has been practicing with a quartet of trumpet players. 1 is the highest mark you can get and 4 is the worst mark. Kris scored a 2 on his solo and a 1 in the quartet. They did sound really really good and I was not surprised. If only he put that much effort into everything... To celebrate, I am taking him out to dinner to the restaurant of his choice. Cassie is bringing baby think it over who she calls "Drake". It should be an interesting experience. So off we go. The kids have already had a stupid fight over where they are going to sit in the van. I offered the luggage rack to the next teenager that opened his mouth. So both will be strapped there or I'll leave them home and spend quality time with peace and quiet.

No comments: