Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Update week 12

I'm stable. All the nodules are the same size except one stubborn bas----d that grew 1mm or 2. I have to admit that that bothered me and took away from relatively good news but I was told that the size differences of a mm or two could be due to differences in breathing and all in all, the drug is doing what it's supposed to do.
Unfortunately, I believe that I got the placebo for this next six weeks. I don't feel any of the light headedness or instant fatigue. BUMMER!! But, I'm a team player and I'll take the poser pills and hope that these stupid tumors behave.

The 12th week is a reassessment week. Not only did I get scan results today, I had to go through the complete battery of tests I took before the study started, the echo-cardiogram, blood sucking vampires take their usual 5 vials of blood, pee in a cup, blood pressure, heart rate and temp and I ended the day in Infusion therapy for another blood draw. I did get to hang out at Gilda's in between tests and appt.I waited 90 minutes in the waiting room to get the results and talking to my new Sarcoma friend who I am anxiously awaiting to hear some news regarding his scan results on this drug.

Life otherwise has been typical. The kids have been themselves. Cassie brought home her usual great grades. Kris is doing better but still has a far way to go. Emily lost her first tooth. The tooth fairy gave her 5 bux for this first tooth and she and I went to the Walmart and she picked out a Spongebob Squarepants coloring book and a box of 64 crayons. She was soooo excited.

I apologize for the lack luster, uninspired entry. I am just dog tired. Anticipating that I would be at the Dr. today, I was up quite late the past few days working after a long long weekend at big box store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Kathy, stable is good ;) I hope you are not on the placebo
Hugs
Elsa