Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Emily found a penny on the floor the other day and asked if she could keep it. After I told her Yes, she asked who was on the penny.
"Well, Abraham Lincoln." I said
"Who is he?" she asked.
"He is a President" I said.
"He's not the President!" she said.
"He used to be." I explained. "He's dead now."
Emily got a thoughtful look on her face. "Where is he then?" she asked.
"With God in Heaven, probably."
"He's in Heaven? How did he get there? Who drove him?" she asked.
"Nobody DROVE him. God probably came to get him. Someday we'll all have to go."
Adamantly she said as she stomped her foot "Well, I'm not going!! I'm staying RIGHT HERE!"

I will let God sort that one out with the child when it's time. He probably sent her here because He was tired of arguing with her up there.

Not much else going on. I am currently trying to focus on finishing up work and it just isn't working. That means another night in front of the computer until midnight. I am feeling pretty good still but I've noticed that my brain is a tad foggy sometimes. I'm not sure if that is lack of sleep or a side effect of my medicine. I bought some beautiful greens and veggies at our local market the other day for dirt cheap and THEY CARRY ORGANIC DANDY-LIONS!! I will NOT have to travel 20 miles for more when I run out. I am also happy that a Whole Foods is being built not more than 5 miles from here next Spring! It's always nice when the pharmacy is a little closer and I can go blow $150 on two bags of raw and organic foods more often.

Cassie is mourning that "Drake" the little baby think it over doll she was carrying around for a weekend, went back to the teachers storage cabinet. I told her if she wanted a doll, I could get her one for cheap. Perhaps Baby Alive? She was not amused and was offended I did not miss my pseudo grandchild. I just rolled my eyes.

Kris is at an Opera today downtown on a music field trip. I'm a big advocate for culture and I love broadway plays and musicals. Emily seems to be as crazy about them as I am. Just because I was tired of listening to Hannah Montana and Playhouse Disney, I slipped in a few selections from Fiddler on the Roof, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Sunset Boulevard. She bit! The only problem is, I have heard Joseph every day now for the past week. She likes "Any Dream Will Do"
and from Fiddler, "Matchmaker". From Sunset Boulevard, she likes the title song. I've found that music is a great way to calm her down and I get such a kick out of hearing her sing and make up the words when she doesn't know them. That's my girl!

4 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

Maybe she got the "make up the words" part from me. I used to do that around her all the time.

Kathy said...

perhaps but not only does she make up lyrics, she makes up words. It's very cute!

Anonymous said...

You have a point that God sent Emily here so that he wouldn't have to argue with her. She seems to be getting more interested. Maybe you can send her to CCD since you missed it with the other kids. Give her some good direction.

"Just" Joe said...

Interested in arguing with God?