Thursday, January 29, 2009

I feel yucky!
Yesterday, I woke up at about 5am with a little rumbly in the tumbly and suppressed the urge to throw up by lying down for a bit before I got up and did some work before heading off to the U of C for my weekly check in. I made it to the hospital, had my blood tested and reported my fluish symptoms to the clinical trial nurse. Before reviewing side effects any further, he stated he wanted my vitals taken. My BP was good and I had no temperature. I told him that I didn't think I felt like poo because of the drug. I headed out suppressing that urge to throw up but pulled my little car garbage can to the front seat just in case. Then I got stuck in traffic and sat and sat and sat. Told God that I didn't think this little cosmic joke was the least bit funny and could HE please part the red traffic sea and let me pass so I could get to the store and to home as soon as possible before I made a mess in my car. Cassie had called to let me know that I needed to pick her up some colored pencils for her Social Studies project and we needed more milk and spring water for my little spastic Beta fish's bowl. I hurried through Walmart, got Emily from daycare and drove home. I just barely made it to the bathroom in time. Then I spent the evening in bed watching Law and Order re-runs and a few old episodes of Cold Case. Emily was so cute and got my little bed tray and a glass of water for me and was very insistent that I drink some. She kept checking on me to make sure I was drinking the water she brought for me. I woke up once more at 1am, threw up some more and went back to bed. A couple days ago, I made myself a cream sauce for my rice and I used expired cream. I'm 99% sure that was what the problem was. I've had a slight temp that has been going down little by little throughout the day and is almost normal right now. But, I'm still feeling a little run down. I am 99% certain I'll feel better tomorrow.

I'm noticing that the side effects have been decreasing in intensity as I go along. I still feel the usual few hours of fatigue but I'm not so light headed and I sometimes am incredibly thirsty. Apparently, I am the first person to report thirst as a side effect in the U of C trial. I'll be scanned in a couple weeks to determine if this thing is actually working. I'm very nervous but don't feel any aches, pains, shortness of breath, or anything else. I am very sensitive to aches and pains. If I feel even the smallest twinge, I'm worrying. I know it's paranoid to worry about every little thing as being cancer related. After all, I'm over 40. Some of these things are just side effects of being middle aged and have nothing to do with anything but that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling yucky too. Supressing the urge to throw up as well, but no temp. Just really run down. My manager at Jockey has the flu and worked all day and then I worked that night. I am very angry if she got me sick.
Rumbly in the tumbly adequately describes mine too, but add a massive headache as well.