Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All day yesterday, the National Weather Service was warning of a huge blizzard, lots of wind, blowing snow, cars in the ditch.. My kids were salivating as they expected a snow day. Snow started falling around 5:30 but the roads were crowded with people way before that as people left the office to get home and batton down the hatches for the big storm. We got ....nothing! I woke up this morning to sun streaming through my window and nary a snowflake. Kris was devastated as he actually had to take the final he didn't study for. It did get gosh darn cold. The high tomorrow is expected to be 0 and it is my first day downtown for my first dose of Brivanib. I have no idea what I am going to do there all day but, I went to the store to get a lunch bag and thermos, some puzzles and some comfy clothes. I'll add a book or two along with my Cisco text book so I can start learning about switching. I'm not sure how I feel other than nervous. As any patient will tell you, the only thing worse than going through cancer the first time, is having to go through a recurrence. It's devastating, like the universe and your body has stabbed you in the back and betrayed you and even more so when your diagnosis is a rare disease like Sarcoma and the options are few and the options you have are painful and body altering.

Right now, I am completely lacking deep thoughts and so it is off to bed for me as I pray that my results in 12 weeks will be encouraging.

Good night and Good luck!

3 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

If weather holds, I will be up this weekend.

Illinois won against Michigan btw. The won by 15.

Kathy said...

I know. When I got home from the hospital, I just vegged out downstairs watching SciFi..but Kris kept changing the channel to see the score.

"Just" Joe said...

Good for him!

I attended the game.

Saturday is the next, but I will be with Paul Saturday evening...


Ummm... I will be there all day Sunday.