Tuesday, February 12, 2008

OK. The snow thing is getting JUST A LITTLE OLD. Last weeks snow storm resulted in a nice thin sheet of ice covering everything since it was 50 degrees, rained, then dropped to 30 degrees, then went back up to 40 degrees and dropped to -10 overnight so all that rain froze into a 4 inch thick block of ice on my stoop instead of a 1 inch block. As a matter of fact, the mailman refused to deliver my mail for 2 days. It took Kris and I and a pitchfork to break all that ice up so that no one would kill themselves trying to get up my stairs.
My weekend was as usual, uneventful. I spent a few hours at big box store and basically cleaned and did the usual running around. Emily was with her idiot father and woke up with a nice cold on Monday that was worse today. I had a Relay for Life meeting tonight and of course, it snowed. After my 3:30 conference call, I left for Lisle. Traffic was cruising until I hit I355. Then I sat and sat and sat and sat...No worries, I said to myself, it's probably just back up to the tollbooth. Then I got to the tollbooth and traffic still didn't move. NO worries, I told myself, it's just a backup to the next exit. When traffic still hadn't started moving at the next exit, I figured it was a back up to China. Needless to say every car that entered I355 from any exit pissed me off as I silently screamed at them to GET OFF THE DAMN ROAD! Can't you see all these cars???? GO THE HELL AWAY!!! After 3 hours, I went 17 miles, the meeting was over half an hour ago, and I inched along to the next exit and turned around and went home. The home trip was much faster. So, I laughed at all the idiots on the other side where I was as I cruised past them at 30mph! SEE YA SUCKERS!!! HA HA HA! I'm on THIS side now! What did I accomplish in three hours in the car? Well, I heard all the primary results and listened to 10 news reports on how traffic sucks.

This time of year is so blah. Letsee, what do I have to look forward to? Nothing! In one month, I'm hoping all the contractors will have started the work I want done in the house and it will look better by April. I get to look forward to doing my taxes on Friday night and my favorite, I GET TO GO FOR MY CT SCAN ON FRIDAY!! While all those happy couples are out there dining, getting flowers and oversized chocolate hearts for Valentines Day, I get to drink two bottles of terrible tasting contrast dye, have a needle shoved in my arm and get tossed through an oversized donut hole! Oh YAY! I can hardly stand the excitement. I especially can't wait for the results. The Radiologist ALWAYS finds something to watch, resulting in me panicking and a lousy, anxiety filled month afterward, until the next damn scan when I get to do it all over again. This time they want a picture of my abdomen. The Dr. says, oh, don't worry. I just want a baseline. Well Baseline my a$$!! It's a hunting expedition in which the Radiologist picks out every dust speck on the film and calls it a tumor. I hate it! Dollars to donuts they'll look at the surgical area and tell me there is evidence of recurrence. My advice to you all, do NOT ever have a cancerous tumor anywhere. The surgery is a cake walk compared to the aftercare. The only thing worse than going through cancer the first time, is going through it a second.
Pray to God for me that this time, the Radiologist report indicates nothing new, nothing changed and calls a dust speck a dust speck.

Cancer sucks!

2 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

Fingers crossed.

Nonalee said...

Prayers and hugs for a "good" CT scan.