Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Another Snow Day for the kiddies. Another headache for me.
So far, our big head weatherman haven't been wrong about a single snowstorm. That depresses me. Two years ago, they were wrong about every one. This year, every damn time they said we were going to have a whopper snow storm, we had a whopper snow storm. Last night, the storm started out with a lot of rain. Overnight, it turned to sleet. Then around noon, it was full fledged blowing snow. Being that it is Ash Wednesday, I found a recipe for Veggie Fajitas that I decided to make but of course I was missing the tortillas. So, at 5:30 pm, I ventured out into my driveway to drive to the store and go get some. 1 hour later, I finally managed to extricate my car. The lovely sleet that fell caused a nice thin sheet of ice underneath the snow which caused my tires to spin. Of course number one son was not at home so I went out there chipping and shoveling away and looked quite frosty by the time I got my car into the street. It was irritating. It's time to think about buying a snow blower.

Having the kids home on my work day is always a challenge. They are either fighting or begging me to let them have friends over or begging to go to a friends. Every time I looked at Kris and Em they were eating something. I had to kick them out of the kitchen numerous times. When Kris finally did get his lazy butt off the couch and went out, he fell into a puddle, got really really wet, and sloshed home. Instead of throwing his wet clothes on the line I have in the utility room, he threw them on the floor of my room so my carpet is nice and wet. DUHHHHH! Cass and her pal Caitlyn decided to make a snowman which Kris kicked over and caused me drama. Em wanted to go outside and join them so she kept walking out of the house without a coat and socks or holding the door open so I could heat the outside. She spent the afternoon crying about this thing or that thing and I gave up trying to work, left early and just decided to be irritated by the ice on my driveway instead. Happy day!
Tomorrow, I have parent teacher conferences at Cass's school. Kris has a trumpet lesson and I have tons of conference calls. Em is definitely going to daycare tomorrow.

2 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

You had a snow day? It just rained here... WTF? That... that isn't right!!!!! I NEED A SNOW DAY!

I also need money... BUT, I NEED A SNOW DAY!!!!


I ate meat today. Oops.

Nonalee said...

We've had 3 snow days so far. I'm so sick of the weather, I could just scream. Aaaaaagh!