Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

What a weekend! Friday, I took the day off because I had things to mail. Yes, I took a day off to mail things. So what!? I had hoped to sleep in to at least 8:30. Alas! At 7:00, after I had gone to bed just 6 hours prior, there was Kris standing in my room telling me he missed the bus. ARGH! So much for sleeping in. The fact that he missed the bus was not surprising. I have been expecting this since the first day of High School. What is surprising is that he managed to stave it off for 3 months. But, when one misses the bus, they all do. With nothing to do with Emster, Cass had to watch her and missed her bus. Therefore, I had to herd Em into the cold car with her pull up and a jacket on and nothing else. Then I spent the day running around. I went to Wal-mart to do some light shopping. I packed an envelope for the UK and a box for the Czech Republic. Went to the Post Office. Stood in line to mail the envelope to UK. Went to UPS to mail the box to Czech Republic. Stood in line. The transaction took 35 minutes. I had to declare everything that was in the box for customs and I had a new associate. After he totalled the cost of the shipping, I nearly had a coronary. IT COST HOW MUCH????? "$471 maam." The lady NEXT to me asked him to repeat it because she thought she misheard. Before she took her packages elsewhere to ship, she asked me where I was shipping mine. I guess Brown doesn't go that world wide. Then off to Wal-mart to discuss a schedule and unbenownt to me, I was asked to stay to train awhile. Stayed till five. Ran out of there to get Em. Got Em from Grace's and then handed her to Brian. Returned some movies to Blockbuster and brought Cassie and the giggle brigade to the movies.

It is now Sunday. I was put on the schedule at Wal-mart from 9-1 yesterday and 7:30-4:30pm today. I woke up at 5:30 to make my shift. It snowed last night and the temp dropped about 250 degrees overnight. Kris used my keys to get at my driveway salt and misplaced them so that he and I were running all over the house trying to find them at 6:45 this morning. My car was freezing and covered in snow and I haven't had nearly enough coffee today. That place is a 3 ring circus. I am checking. There was nothing but a steady stream of people from the time I clocked in to the time I left with very little break. My back is sore. My legs are sore and I'll be hearing the beeping of that register in my sleep. What is it? Christmas or something? I checked out lots of toys, candy, grocery, dog treats, cat treats, chips, boxes that weighed a ton. All I can say is, Thank God, I don't do this every day. To make matters worse, B didn't pick Em up this morning and I thought he was. It wouldn't have been that inconvenient but the kids had plans to see their grandpa today and go shopping. I am absolutely not supposed to have my cell phone at the register but I had it on vibrate in my pocket. The kids called oodles of times and I couldn't answer the phone. I handled the situation on my lunch and one break in the afternoon. When I got home, I was so happy to see the huge mess the kids left for me. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I want to yell at them or scream at them. GRRRRR.. So now, ow. I am finally sitting. I think I'll wash floors tomorrow. The kids can handle the rest.

2 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

Sorry.

Nonalee said...

Wow, I'm sorry, too...