Saturday, January 21, 2006

It snowed last night. It snowed A LOT. It's thick and heavy and sitting in clumps on the tree branches. It's 8am and my neighbor, Dan is already out there with the snow blower. That is so amazing. I have just barely gotten out of bed, have not finished my first cup of coffee and am just sitting here in a daze. Emily had a morning tantrum. I hate those! She has a snit about God knows what at least 3 mornings a week. The conclusion: She is not a morning person. Kris looked a little ticked when he woke up, shot Em a look and went downstairs. Cass spent the night at Angela's so we had a nice and quiet evening without a drama about who ate the Ho Ho's and drank the last juice box. Watched the snow as it came down, first as sleet, then as slush, then as these huge flakes. Every now and then, we saw a flash of lightning and heard some thunder. Pretty dramatic and it was so nasty out on the roads, Joe gave up an evening at a bar and stayed home and drank beer instead.

It's been a calmer week at work so I have started on New Years Resolution number 2: Prepare for CCNA exam and hopefully take the darn thing at the end of the year. For those who don't know, CCNA stands for Cisco Certified Network Administrator. I know that there isn't much need for that certification in purchasing but I am hoping to move into Technical Project Management someday and it will be helpful. BUT, the material is challenging and the exam is difficult. When looking for ways to practice, I did find a few online services that for $2000 will take the exam and pass it for me. HA HA! Where there's a will, there's a f'n way. God Bless America and NO, I DIDN'T CONSIDER THAT AS AN OPTION FOR A SECOND! I want the victory of passing this thing all on my own!

Tonight, I am going to see my friends band. He plays Classic Rock in a nice little smokey bar in Aurora. THE BEST! I haven't smoked in ages but I do it vicariously through everyone else. I still miss it but can't bring myself to buy a pack. The worst I've done is snuck a drag off my bowling teammates cigarrette but left it at that: A DRAG.

On todays agenda: Laundry, cleaning, Kristophers carpet. I have a snazzy new carpet shampooer. Band and beer and vicarious cigarettes later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun life

"Just" Joe said...

As a witness to all the fun, I can tell you Anon, it is a barrel of laughs...