Thursday, January 05, 2006

The first 5 days of the New Year.

Hmm...it feels like the old one. It's been a rather uneventful week. Work has been nice and light. The kids are back to school. I am reading "The DaVinci Code." True to form, I started it 2 years after it was trendy and am reading at, of all places, the bowling alley. Yes it's noisy there and smoky and is generally mass pandemonium. Minus the smoke, it feels like HOME! I haven't had a cigarette in ages and ages and previously, my bowling adventure was my VICE NIGHT! I smoked. I drank. I once traded my bra to a biker. Well, all us girls on my team did. Kinda funny and NO, there was no flashing involved. My friend liked his Harley shirt. So we girls traded the bras for the tee shirt. HEE HEE! Those were the days! Now I sit and read and GASP...behave! WTF!? I used to order one of those oil cans of Fosters. Now, I settle for a simple draft. I used to walk out slightly looped. Now, I walk out very sober. What is happening to me???? In any case, it gets me out of the house. I love the bowling alley! No one is there putting on airs and trying to be anything they are not. WE are all just normal everyday people with normal everyday problems throwing a ball down an oily lane imagining that the source of all our stress is the head pin. Babes with balls!

I just realized that the above had nothing to do with the first 5 days of the New Year. My first 5 days:
I got up 5 times.
I went to work 4 times
I had a hangover 1 time
I watched Law and Order, X-Files, WIthout A Trace and a movie called "The Rainmaker".
I chased Emily out of the tree at least 4 times a day for the past 5 days
I vacuumed spilled coffee grounds out of the carpet twice because Em got into the garbage can and had a rip roaring good time with them.
I mediated countless fights between Kris and Cass.

Hmm... Looks like 2006 is looking a whole lot like 2005.
I have some ideas on things to change but it is still a work in progress.
Later!

No comments: