Monday, January 16, 2006

I think finally...

we have the bodily fluid problem under control but it all came to a head for awhile there. Diharrea to the left of me, puke to the right and here I am stuck in the middle. Emily managed to cause of wave of digestive problems to everyone she came in contact with for two days and the virus finally left her but not without a grand finale. Saturday morning bright and early, shortly after finishing coffee and fortunately before breakfast, Emily blew out her diaper but it was the granddaddy of all diaper blowouts. I never knew so much could come out of something so small! Oh was it disgusting...all over the carpet and she stepped in it and tracked it all over the place! She cleared the cats out of the room that's how nasty it was. But she is feeling much better now.

Christmas is officially over, the decorations are down and it has been cleaned out of the furniture. Jelly stains, chocolate handprints, spilled wine, crushed potato chips, ribbon filled cat yak, pretzels, bits of Christmas dinner, we had enough food in the carpet to feed a third world country. But not only did I do the carpet, I did all the upholstery as well and my back is KILLING me this morning. Kris got on my case we didn't do anything fun all weekend. GRRRRRRRRRR! He got the evil death stare from me on that and then there's Cass, sweet doe eyed Cass. After I spent all weekend, cleaning up the remnants of Christmas and this past weeks flu, I got a little tired and all I wanted to do was sit and just be for a few minutes. So I told Cassie to straighten the kitchen after she was done eating. She threw such a hissy, you'd think I asked her to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge into a swarm of hungry sharks. "WHAT ABOUT KRIS??? WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO? THOSE CRUMBS AREN'T MY CRUMBS! ID DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE!" Then she started screaming at Emily who was bringing the contents of her toybox onto the kitchen floor and just generally being her annoying self. I told her to knock it off and I wanted to hear some water running in the sink for the dishes. So, she pouted and turned on the faucet so a little dribble hit the sink and it would take a day to fill the sink. Well, that did it! I got up and calmly told her to go to her room and stay there for the rest of her life or until I called her to come out, whichever comes first. I cleaned the kitchen up which took me all of 10 minutes. It's not like I own the TajMahal. It was two counters, the table and a pan that needed cleaning. WOOP DEE DOOOOOO! So, as punishment for being a bit on the selfish side, she is solely responsible for keeping the kitchen clean for the next 3 days. AND, I had a talk with Kristopher already about NOT being a jerk and leaving all his dishes and crap all over the place knowing she would have to clean them. Yes, he would do that. I remember reading somewhere that children feel more a part of the family if they are required to have some responsibilities maintaining the household. This may come as a shock, but none of the kids has ever thanked me for requiring them to help me. I know. I know.. INCONCEIVABLE.

Nothing new to report. Saw King Kong...which I LOVED! Joe wrote his schpeil on that so I will just shut up. I am also wanting to see Munich. I watched a movie called "Crash" last night which is all about Racism and it's many incarnations. Was good. Unbelievable in parts but overall, I enjoyed it. www.rottentomatoes.com has the reviews if you are interested in reading about the movie.

Later folkses and please let me know your availability for the Berghoff outing.

No comments: