Saturday, December 17, 2005

Whoa!

I woke up this morning and looked around the house. WHOA! IS IT A PIT TODAY! I'll have to get my little slaves working and crack that whip. I got a brand new vac!! WOOHOOO...THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK IS A NEW APPLIANCE!! What a life! But it's not any vac. It's a "Household cleaning system." I can massage my scalp with this thing too. NO LIE..it comes with a massager! It comes with an attachment for EVERYTHING, crevices, mattresses, hard wood floors, molding, ceiling fan blades, upholstery. It even de-fleas your cat if you want! It's so complicated, you have to watch a video to learn how to work it. Nope! Can't just press a button and vacuum. You have to adjust the suction for your carpet and decide if you want it on manual or drive. I've kinda hard luck with the vac's lately as I have with just about all my household appliances. I bought a supper deeee duper vac via an EBAY wholesaler but had not yet received it. SO, I'd been using my grandmothers Panasonic. Well last week, the Panasonic bit the dust or spit the dust, whichever you prefer. It started acting like a Munster vac and after pulling it apart and not finding any reason why, we had a Panasonic funeral. Of course, that left us without a vacuum cleaner and we really needed one. So Joe and I went halfsies on a temporary until the "Household cleaning system" arrived via brownshirted santa. He came back with a Dirt Devil cannister vac where you could actually SEE the dirt it was pulling up from the carpet. How profoundly COOL! It was like watching laundry spin. LOOK AT ALL THAT MUCK!!! WHOA! Check out the cat hair!! Joe did the first ceremonial dumping of the cannister in the garbage and all was good until Kristopher wanted to vacuum his room and see how much dirt he could suck up out of his carpet. Not more than one hour after buying a new "temporary" vac, a burning rubber smell wafted from Kris's room. I heard the vac go off and I went running towards the boys room. WHAT HAPPENED???? Kris was bent over the vac trying to unwedge something from the power head. My little Einstein vacuumed the power cord and it got stuck in the power head and he broke the rubber casing around the cord and it was burning and I yelled at him for being a huge dufus and not watching what he was doing and a scene ensued and Joe yelled at him and Kris spent the night pouting and telling us it wasn't his fault. The power cord must have tried to sabotage the vac. Now I have issues. Should I let him touch the new machine which cost me more than I care to admit? The thing is supposedly built like a tank but can it withstand the most destructive force since Hurricane Katrina????

In other news, the band concert was fabulous. The band and Orchestra sounded great! The kids did a combo Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza deal of course. Just wondering, has anyone ever met one person that celebrates Kwanza?? Cassie got a good grade on her Saturn paper after the corrections of course. And work was just as annoying as ever! I have 3 whole days off next week and I just can't wait! Even though it will be spent here getting things ready for Christmas , the new C word. Any day away from AT&T is a day in bliss! I was looking on my favorite recipe site for a nice and easy Shrimp dish for our festivities and creating my shopping list. I have ONE MORE PRESENT TO BUY and I am done!

My pit awaits me! I wish myself good Vac Karma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brain damage at its best.