Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Tomorrow, I take the NLN, the National League of Nursing entrance exam. I heard from my Physiology lab partner that it was a hard test and that there was a substantial amount of Physics questions on the test. That's not good. I haven't taken Physics since High School and the 3 months of introductory Physics was a huge challenge for me. I got a D on the simple machine test, a crushing defeat and it so surprised my teacher that he pulled me aside and insisted that I come in for after school tutoring. Simple machines never were very simple, at least not to me therefore, I am hoping to all heck that there are no inclined plane or lever problems on the test anywhere! The other side of my brain is reminding me never to fully believe anyone regarding any test and to go into it confident in my own reasoning abilities. I heard from many that Anatomy was impossible. I got an A. I heard from many that my Chem teacher was horrible. I learned a lot from him, enjoyed the class and got an A. So, what is a little simple machine question, right? Perhaps it's important to know how potentially dangerous it is to push a wheelchair up a ramp without some resistant force behind it or know the potential speed of said wheelchair if I accidentally let it go on that inclined plain! So, after I finish wasting time online, I'm hitting the basement study and doing Math problems until numbers swim through my head.

Labor Day weekend was ok. I worked my usual shifts at the Mart, went across the street for a little beer around the firepit and took Kris and Cass to the Schaumburg Labor Day parade as they were marching with the Band. Cassie, being the semi organized one who doesn't like to be late for anything, had her socks laid out, her uniform ready, and her band shirt cleaned for the next morning. Kris, Mr. Scattered and Disorganized, stayed up too late, slept through his alarm clock, couldn't find a pair of black socks, couldn't find his band shirt and couldn't find his gloves. Cassie was standing there freaking out that they were going to be late while Kris ran through the house blaming me for not putting his shirt away after I washed it and rummaging through all drawers trying to find black socks that did not necessarily have to match. They then fought all the way to the school. When I came home, I sat and enjoyed the peace and quiet before heading out to the parade. Much to the kids chagrin, I learned that there is a video function on my camera! Who knew? I filmed their band as it came down the street and as if the universe knew that this would be the last band performance with both my kids in it, the band stopped in front of me to play their song. I didn't do a professional job with the video tape. At one point, I had thought I turned off the camera and I guess I hadn't. Oh well. We'll just scratch Director off the list of possible careers. I'll upload the video and post it for anyone interested.

Remember September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Please see my "Favorites" list for worthy charities that support childhood cancer research. If you are on Facebook, some of my friends with cancer have opened businesses to help them with their expenses AND will donate to research with every sale. I Love MakeUp is my friends Avon site. Momma's Aroma Shop belongs to a friend whose husband was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma and was laid off during his treatment. She will donate a dollar for every sale to Nick and Friends Sarcoma Foundation. "Like" their businesses for product updates and specials and if you are looking to buy these products for yourself or others, please keep them in mind.

2 comments:

Erin said...

When do you find out about the test results????

Sue G said...

Hmmm, I seem to be following Erin around a lot today.

Good to hear an update. I hate to say it, but your life seems very normal right now. I know you don't think there is much about it that is normal...but you have to trust me on this. Bickering children, carting them around town, working...normal.

I love it when there are nice, normal things to write about. Don't you?