Monday, September 13, 2010

Sarcoma Fundraiser!

For those of my friends that live in San Antonio or heck, even in Texas or one of it's neighbors, Nick and Friends Sarcoma Foundation is throwing a HUGE BBQ on October 30th.
Comanche County Park, Pavilion #2, San Antonio, Texas
Join us for a BBQ fund raising event. There will be concerts, a dance, kids costume contest, raffles, games and much more. The entire day will be jam packed with fun activities. All proceeds benefit Nick & Friends Sarcoma Foundation. See you there!!!

For more information, please contact shaw-family0136@sbcglobal.net

New Edit: One of the Nascars that we have been voting on is one of the 100 semi-finalists. Please vote on every computer available, every day to get our car in the top 10. This could bring awareness to this disease.
NASCAR

They have been planning this event for a year and we are so hoping it will bring awareness and research dollars to this cause. Nick and Friends is run by my very good friend. She puts so much heart into making her foundation a success and she has brought so many sarcoma patients and families together. This is a good and honest charity to put your hard earned dollars to help us find a cure.

This is scan week for me. I have been putting off and putting off making the appointment as I consider this to be a major interruption in my life. Yes, Sarcoma is being a pesky mosquito in my ear and though I am trying to smack it, I keep missing! Pesky! Pesky! Pesky!
I took my NLN last Wednesday. I was feeling pretty confident through the Verbal and Math portions. Then, I got to Science and well, not so sure about that one. Yes there was Physics and no, I had no idea what the correct answer was on any of those questions. I still fail to see how knowing how many Newton's a human weighs has diddly squat to do with Nursing but we do what they tell us. Results should be in my next Monday.
Today, is my first Physiology test. I should be studying but I am finding that the material is just absolutely BORING AS HELL! I am about to leave my fun little computer and lock myself away to study. Fortunately, we only had 5 class periods and only covered a couple chapters and one basic Chem lecture. As I took Chem over the Summer, I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between acids and bases and an ionic bond vs. covalent. Wish me luck!
Thanks to EVERYONE who has used my book portal, DVD portal and blog. It's appreciated more than you know!

My book store
My DVD store
My Blog

No comments: