Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to work... MUSH!

Hello fellow drone office workers.

The holidays are over. No more excuses to screw around by the water cooler. Today, the majority of America's workers are over NYE and the ILLINI'S absolute WHOOPING! from the Trojans and returned to the office to about 500 emails and all that beginning of a new Fiscal year paperwork. I've been working on a clean up project for the Inventory Mangement people.

NYE was nice, very low key, quiet but fun. When my brother starts singing showtunes, it's a warning that the fun is going to end soon. When he moves from show tunes to John Denver, it's time to freaking RUN FORREST RUN!! NY day was spent watching movies, starting with the Simpson's Movie (I'm not a Simpson's fan but it was pretty cute) and the 9-11 movie "United 93" which I would recommend whole heartedly to people who can handle it: Simply made, simple story telling, powerful movie! It's proof that technology, mega budget special effects and stunts are not needed with good solid material and good directing. I know that 9-11 images are still hard to handle for some and after watching this movie, I remembered everything that I saw and felt on that day. My parents generation remembers where they were when they heard JFK was shot. Ours will remember every detail of where we were when we heard the news, what we felt and what we saw on 9-11-2001. Though, I was mostly an observer of that days events and knew no one that died, THANK GOODNESS, it affected us all in a uniquely personal way and all of us either knew someone, worked with someone, or heard of a someone in one of our six degrees of separation, that was directly affected. The movie was tastefully done and honored those passengers that decided to take a stand and showed true courage in an absolutely horrifying situation that 99.9% of America will never have to face. What they did saved many more. Until the very end, I had hopes that they would succeed in saving their own lives even though in the back of my head, I knew the outcome.

Hope you all aren't having a Bad day at the office

2 comments:

"Just" Joe said...

John Denver ROCKS!

Nonalee said...

Joe, you must still be experiencing your "Colorado Rocky Mountain" high...