Sunday, October 30, 2005

Another weekend gone..

And, I guess I did accomplish most of what I set out to accomplish. Carpet in the LR/DR is now cleaned, Chilli for tomorrow is made, some laundry is done, I got my weekly workout pushing a cart that weighed about 200 lbs at Sam's Club (Has anyone walked out of Sam's club with a cart that weighs less than 200lbs? Just curious.) and my kids made it through another weekend with their uncle and managed to stay alive.

I had a minor scare. Most know my appliance woes and I now have an older model washing machine (I would say about 60 in Washer years) that I will use until it too dies and goes to the Mexican guys that drive through my neighborhood daily looking for old appliances to take from the curb. My last load of wash was still soaking wet so I set the washing machine to spin it out again and was met with the smell of burning rubber and then noticced the darn thing wasn't spinning to boot. Ok..bad Karma...Karma very bad lately ESPECIALLY with washing machines and I couldn't believe I killed two in one month. After ringing out about half that pile of wash, and throwing it into the dryer, I made my way to Sam's, drove around the parking lot for a half hour looking for a parking spot, did my thing went home and dealt with the rest of the wash. As I was pulling soaking wet laundry out of the machine, I noticed that a sock had gotten wedged tightly between the drum and the wall of the washer. I felt a little hope as I unwedged the sock (Which of course was MY sock because I have bad washing machine Karma) and re-ran the spin cycle. YAY! it worked..Ahh those little everyday victories! OK yes, it is positively boring in reality that the most interesting part of my entire weekend was a mutilated sock but what can I say? It's just my life.

This past Thursday (I'm backtracking), I bowled my usual league. My lanes are located across the street from a fairly well known adult book store which is open 24 hours and is a popular male hangout. At least, I am guessing it's mostly male as I've never seen a woman walk in there but anyway..There in the parking lot were about 15 minivans. What I want to know is, what did these guys tell their wives they were doing? Working late, watching "football", having drinks with the buds, stopping at the store for diapers? I had a good laugh. I mean, minivan=family guy=kids=carseats in the back of the van while daddy was looking at naked ladies or um..maybe even naked men. Hee! hee!

RANT OF THE DAY


Even when my ex husband isn't around, he's still a manipulator. The kids heard from their grandfather that Kyle is upset that they haven't called him. AHHHHHHH! OK they have a letter that has a bunch of his promises, one being "I promise I'll do better at keeping in touch!" Why does this person seem to thing that we have to come to him? He screwed up. He should be the one DOING something.

END OF RANT


That about covers it.
Have a Happy Halloween everyone! I'll be looking for the pictures of all the cool costumes in my inbox!

1 comment:

sandee said...

hey there...sorry about the washer bad karma...but glad you were able to get it fixed...yay...you rock

Kyle Kyle Kyle..what an idiot...just not sure what to say...cept WHATEVER kyle...get a life.

glad your kids survived the weekend with JOE...im sure he was just a pillor of niceness...wow..where did that come from??? LOL

and HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU TOO...DONT LOOK FOR A COSTUME FROM ME IN YOUR INBOX...NO WAY...HE HE

TAKE CARE...LOVES
SANDEE xxoo