Saturday, September 24, 2005

A warning for those living in the Chicago Area

This is a warning for all those living within 50 miles of West Dundee, IL. There's a story behind this but I'm just writing this down for anyone who might be interested in buying a Kirby Vacuum.
If someone calls you from K&G Distributing AKA Kondos Galloy and Associates offering you a free carpet cleaning, RUN!! RUN!!! RUN FAR AWAY!!! Not only will they pester you to death with a daily sometimes hourly phone call offering you this, but they are rude when you decline and continue to call until you succomb and schedule.
- They will tell you it's a cleaning.
- They will tell you that there is no sales pitch involved.
- They will tell you it's only advertising and that it is only to get their name out there. When you are in the market for a really good vac, they are hoping that we will think of them first.
- They will ask you what kinds of stains you want removed from your carpet so they can make sure the rep brings the right cleaners.
- They will tell you not to enter the room for 40 minutes after the cleaning to allow the carpet to dry. AND, if you act today and schedule, THEY WILL THROW IN ANOTHER ROOM FREE!
- They will tell you that their rep will EVEN MOVE THE FURNITURE except for entertainment centers and china cabinets and other heavy things.
It's all a LIE.

My name was on their list. They hounded me daily for a few months. I learned not to answer the phone when the name Kondos Galloy appeared on my caller ID. Well, I guess they figured out the game. As I was sitting here doing my work, my phone rang and my caller ID indicated it was a "Private number." Since a couple of my children's friends numbers come up that way, I answered it. I got the above pitch and said..well what the heck? My carpet can use a good cleaning and it may be worth it just so these people will quit calling me.
Yes, someone showed up and I got a 1 hour sales pitch on this really neato system that could be mine to the tune of $1789.00. The sales guy called his "Manager" 3 times and said things like..HOW CAN WE OFFER HER THIS FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE?? WOW! WE CAN DO THAT FOR HER? THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! WE CAN OFFER HER THIS GREAT PAYMENT OPTION?? WOW!!! I DIDN'T KNOW WE COULD DO THAT..I"LL TELL HER..SHE LOVES IT!!
*Good God! it's not a used car! It's a f'n KIRBY *
Did the carpet get shampooed? Did I get my second room cleaned? Heck no! I got a portion of the carpet vacuummed and I did get a 12 inch x 12 inch square of the carpet cleaned for free!!!! And, the sales guy looked like a wounded animal when I told him no and said he didn't get paid for today's visit unless I bought the KIRBY or gave him names of other unsuspecting victims.
Well, my kids were absolutely enamored with this Kirby vacuum and said...DIANE would want one..So and so would love it. I gave the guy 6 names and then called my friends to warn them. I have spent the past week apologizing. To those of my readers getting hounded by Kondos Galloy aka K&G Distributing, I AM TRULY TRULY SORRY!!!! I really am. A couple of you have already mentioned to me that you are in Kirby vacuum HELL with these people.
www.bbb.com They are a member and I think though their approach may be legal and I actually do not know if it is or not, it is deceptive advertising and has caused me a considerable headache and alienation of several of my close friends. SORRY AGAIN GUYS..PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!

3 comments:

sandee said...

thanks for the warning about the beloved F...ing Kirby shit...i hate the damn hoover myself, they suck and a pain in the ass to run...so i guess i wont buy one no matter how much they hound...ill get the Brit to slag them off...

but thanks for the warning

love ya kathy....
sandee XXOO

Anonymous said...

Well, I finally cleaned out my caller ID. I was warned in person when I went to see the kids. When I got home there were at least 30 calls from these people. Finally I was sick of it, when i saw the number come up again. I talked to them briefly and was told how much kat loved the vacuum and that even though she hadn't bought one yet, they were working with her.
Of course, I told them know after I almost choked on my laughter. They begged for names, but I told them I really like my friends and would not subject them to the phone calls. I called kathy right away and let her know. I have been warned they may try again in 6 months.

Kathy said...

I did finally file a formal complaint with the Kirby company. They said they do not advocate that kind of bait and switch advertising and would forward my comments to K & G distributing.