Thursday, September 01, 2005

Raindrops keep falling on my head.....

No dear reader...(I think at least one person reads these things) it is not raining here in sunny Chicagoland. It is raining on me. After working my buttkus off until Midnight last night, I awoke to a dead work computer this morning. It's been coming for awhile but at least it is a light work day somewhat.... I think.

So, the desktop support dude calls and says you need to bring it in..AFTER you back up the harddrive. HUH? I say, Why me? Why can't you do that? Because, he says...ABC (Not my real company name) Company, doesn't have that in my job description for Virtual Office employees. You need to plug into USB port and do yourself. He says if you don't have external harddrive, you have to go buy one and your own troubleshooting tools and do it before you bring it in. Well.. I have an IBM Stinkpad 600X. For those of you who not familiar with it, it has a whopping big 11 GB harddrive with about 3 GB space left..a couple parallel ports, and a 12 inch screen. When I boot up, it vibrates. Sometimes, the mouse doesn't load. I have no idea why this happens. After it sucessfully boots up without exploding, it gives me a ton of errors I click out of and a "found new hardware" message that I have NO idea what it is talking about. Fortunately, I bought an external harddrive to go with my new Dell. I Love my Dell :) and there my computer sits...backing up...ever so slowly. And of course, as I am talking to the desktop dude, my dishwasher is leaking into my kitchen. Argh! Let's all add insult to injury here.

My son calls me from school this morning and says "Mom, next to the microwave oven is a picture form." I pause and say "OK, is it picture day?" In a very small voice he says "Um..yes...sorry" WHAT!!!?? Ok..he hasn't had his haircut, he's wearing an old shirt, he barely had time for a shower and well whatever... Off to Sears we will go. Kids!

That's all I have for now...BOWLING STARTS TONIGHT!!!WOOHOO...
Peace and all that...

1 comment:

sandee said...

(((((((((((((((KATHY)))))))))))))))


wow hun, and i thought i have it bad....shit i fail by comparrison, and what Kris didnt tell you its picture day...WOW

have a good time bowling tonight....i will want to know your scores.....

sandee