Monday, August 16, 2010

More odds and ends and bits and pieces..

Last Tuesday, I took my tri-weekly trip to the Oncologist to tell him my decision regarding the clinical trial. I changed my mind several times with my heart telling me to drop it and my head telling me not to. It is never easy getting the two to agree and they bicker constantly like my 3 kids. But heart and head were able to come up with a sensible compromise. The end game is surgery but I also want to finish Physiology and submit my Nursing school application for the Fall 2011 semester. Therefore, I decided to stay on the trial until the results of the September scan. If there is nothing new and it's just the same old little pests that we already know about, I will drop the trial and prepare for surgery in December. If there is something new, I will go back on chemo and re-stabilize and then will have them removed...eventually. I am praying for the first option as $1600 of medical debt was transferred from the U of C to a collection agency. SIGH... I pay them a little every month. I went to a finance person to see if I could negotiate that they just take what insurance gives them. I was handed a stack of papers that asked for all my savings account balances and my W-2's from last year. Needless to say, I didn't even bother to fill that out. Last year, I was working and this years W-2 with my paychecks and severance won't help me either. OK, enough whining. This too shall pass. For now, I am thankful that all my other bills are paid. I am also thankful that Brivanib may be a viable option for those of you with MPNST as it heads into phase 3. My time on the trial will be documented and hopefully has helped the Sarcoma community with one more bullet in the arsenal. Lord knows, we need that!

Thanks to all who have been voting for our Nascar design. We are #3 in causes!!!! THis is such a great accomplishment. Vote on every computer you have.
http://www.sponsafier.com/#/gallery/view/360505
Thank you for your support on this..

Lastly, I opened a blog for my sites:
My Book Blog
AND a facebook group. I am now sorta wishing I had an advertising course and took one course in Java and web design but I'm a quick learner and will be figuring things out as I go along.
Thanks for tuning in. School will be starting for Em on the 24th, for Kris and Cas on the 25th and for me on the 23rd. I am feeling good, keeping busy, and trying to look forward.

1 comment:

Sue G said...

Yay, an update from you! It's always good to hear from you, and your updates are always so full of life, hope, and encouragement. Keep on keepin' on and before you know it, you will be at the beginning of a long and healthy rest of your life. I believe in you. And I believe in God.