Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5/26...

Today, is my last official day on the payroll. Tomorrow, I file for unemployment. Many people have asked me how I feel about it. Truth is, I don't know. Sometimes, I feel empowered. Sometimes, I feel a little down. Last night, I typed up my official goodbye. To some, I sent a personal note and noticed I was getting a bit weepy as I typed on. I remember the feeling I had on my first day on April 5, 1995. Fifteen years later, there are no words that exist that can describe the feelings on this last day. As I said goodbye to my co-workers this morning, I was getting ready for a job interview. After I closed out my email, I made plans to get together with CNA friends this Saturday. At 5pm, after my exit interview this afternoon, I will print out the Waiver form to send priority mail to the benefits center first thing tomorrow morning. Then, I will mix myself a Pina Colada and quietly move to AT&T history. I'm leaving with little fanfare and quietly closing the door.

This week, has been filled with the good and the bad. My appliance usurpation has not finished as my dishwasher joined the ranks of non-functional household appliances the other day. Frustrated! VERY FRUSTRATED!! After I cursed the darn thing out, I logged onto the computer and visited several of my friends blogs. Five sets of parents that I know of are facing the loss of their child soon and here I am worrying about losing a dumb dishwasher and a job.. To quote my late friend, Charlie, "You never know how good it can be till you've found out for yourself how bad it can get".
Life AIN'T bad....and you're right Sue G. "Man Plans. God Laughs."
He's been laughing a whole heck of a lot.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You deserve massive amounts of paper plates and paper cups...and disposable pans. To heck with the dishwasher!
As tearful as leaving ATT must be after so many years and so many friends, I'm exited for what lies ahead for you. Adventure! challenge! Fun!

kris said...

I have always loved that picture. such a beautiful peaceful place.

Sue G said...

Man plans, God laughs.

Yep, that was the phrase Mom used all the time.

What cancer taught me is this:

Man plans and God laughs...because HE HAS A BETTER PLAN.

Let it unfold in His grace and His time.